Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office was established in 2015 in Antalya Kepez by Lawyer Ahmet Alkan. Alkan Hukuk Hukuku provides multi-faceted advancement litigation, advocacy and mediation services. In the field of Antalya law, Alkan Law Office examines the future in its entirety and finds the most correct solution. In order to do this, it provides consultancy and advocacy services, which will be handled within the specific knowledge and conditions of its own field, with an expert person.
As a consumer, you are in the right place with your tour operator and desires to be able to officially find a product for purchases in Turkey. Read on for how to file a lawsuit for all related issues.
Making a Complaint as a Consumer in Turkey
Even if you are a foreigner, you have the same rights as a Turkish citizen regarding consumer protection, including the right to cancel or even return your purchases. According to Turkish Law, buyers can return the goods they purchased within fourteen days without giving any reason and on the condition that the goods are not damaged and can request a full refund. As an exception to this rule, it does not apply to jewelry and underwear products.
If your right of return is violated within the above-mentioned fourteen days or if any of your rights are violated in any transaction you are on the consumer side, you have two options. First of all, you can go to the arbitrator by making an application to the Consumer Arbitration Committee. If the consumer arbitration committee does not solve your problem, you can go to the consumer court through your lawyer. As Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office, we are with you with our expert staff on the protection of your consumer rights. We will never compromise our clients’ sacred right of defense, as well as consumer rights. If your rights have been violated by your holiday company or any seller, you can get information and support from our expert staff by contacting Attorney Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office by clicking here.
When going to the consumer arbitration committee mentioned above or going to the consumer court, you have to report the problem to the seller and give it fourteen days. According to Turkish law, your right will be violated only if no action is taken after these fourteen days. In this case, you can go to the consumer arbitration committee or to the consumer court.
Consumer Arbitration Committee
- For the year 2021, the Consumer Arbitration Committee can be visited for products with a maximum value of 11,300 Turkish lira. This figure is determined at the beginning of each year.
- To the district committee for products with a value below 7,550 Turkish liras; For products exceeding this figure, you must go to the provincial committee.
- You can make your application to the Consumer Arbitration Board via the Internet, that is, the Consumer Information System, or by mail through your lawyer. You can get support from Antalya Attorney Ahmet Alkan Law Office for your consumer arbitration committee applications.
- As part of your application, you must write a petition that addresses all aspects of the problem you are experiencing in detail. You must attach all documents related to the purchase to this petition.
- The consumer arbitration committee completes the case in six months at the latest. In other words, your application will be finalized within six months at the latest. However, the investigation phase may be extended for a period of six months for once. In addition, a trial-like case or open session is not held for the decision. The result is declared.
Consumer Rights Special Court
- If you are on the consumer side in disputes regarding goods with a total value exceeding TL 11,330, you will have to apply to the Special Consumer Rights Court. The procedure of the Special Court of Consumer Rights to hear a case is the same as any other legal file in terms of procedure.
- It is free to apply to Consumer Rights Special Courts and Consumer Arbitration Committees.
How to Complaint Travel and Accommodation Providers?
If you have a problem with your travel agency or tour operator and have a complaint, talk to your agency first. Make sure to have this interview in writing or in a way you can document. Let’s say you do this. If it is still not taken seriously and your problem is not resolved, you can send a report about the situation or event to the Association of Turkish Travel Agencies or the Association of Turkish Hoteliers. However, in order to do this, your travel provider or hotel must be a member of these associations. If the situation is difficult, you can contact your credit card bank to cancel the transaction. It is a little difficult to get a response from the associations in question, so some patience is required.
After making a complaint to your bank about the required transaction, what you need to do is to apply to the Consumer Arbitration Board through the “E-Government” system, which is the internet gateway of the state in Turkey. You must also attach the bank’s response to this form. If you are not a citizen, you must apply to the Consumer Arbitration Committee by petition. For more detailed information and help from our expert staff, you can contact us by clicking here. As Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office, we are always improving ourselves to provide the best service to our clients in all legal matters, and we consider it our main duty to provide the best service.
Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office
Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office was established in Antalya Kepez in 2015 by Lawyer Ahmet Alkan. Alkan Law Office does not compromise its clients’ sacred right to defense in all areas of law, especially family and divorce law.
Antalya Lawyer Alkan Law Office provides not only legal services but also mediation services. Just click here to get information from our expert staff about all your legal transactions.