How much does a lawyer cost in Turkey?
Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office was established in 2015 in Antalya Kepez by Lawyer Ahmet Alkan. Alkan Hukuk Hukuku provides multi-faceted advancement litigation, advocacy and mediation services. In the field of Antalya law, Alkan Law Office examines the future in its entirety and finds the most correct solution. In order to do this, it provides consultancy and advocacy services, which will be handled within the specific knowledge and conditions of its own field, with an expert person.
Lawyer is a professional group that protects and defends the rights of real persons or legal persons before the judiciary. Persons who guide and specialize in law and legal affairs are called lawyers. When the etymology of the word lawyer is examined, it is seen that it comes from Latin and means the person summoned to the court, the defender of rights. In addition, people who have graduated from law faculty and completed their legal internship can practice law in Turkey.
Lawyer is defined in Turkish Law by Law No. 1136. According to this law, advocacy is public service and self-employment. Those who practice this profession ensure that legal disputes are resolved in accordance with the law. At the same time, another obligation of the lawyers is to follow the cases and to carry out the proceedings related to the case.
In this article, we will answer the issue of attorney fees in Turkey, which is one of the most frequently asked questions about the Turkish legal system. This wage system causes confusion especially for foreigners. This is a natural confusion, because when the client rights holder is charged this fee, the beneficiary usually sets this fee privately with his lawyer. Therefore, it is natural that there is confusion. While there is a minimum fee schedule for lawyers, this is the lowest fee. Lawyers in Turkey usually charge higher fees than this tariff. The minimum wage tariffs of lawyers are determined by the Union of Turkish Bar Associations, a professional organization. For more detailed information about attorney fees in Turkey, you can contact Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office.
Attorney Fees in Turkey
It’s worth mentioning before we start. The following fees are determined according to the minimum fee schedule. Lawyers in Turkey may charge higher fees.
We have compiled the fee schedules of lawyers in Turkey for you:
1.For legal aid:
*Verbal consultation at the office (first one hour) 675 Turkish lira (37.5 €) 405 Turkish lira (22.5 €) for each hour after the first hour.
*Oral consultation at the destination upon request is 400 Turkish lira for the first hour, 695 Turkish lira for every hour after the first hour.
*Consultancy service for written transactions is 1.405 Turkish lira for the first hour, 635 Turkish lira for each subsequent hour.
* Preparation of petitions, notices, warnings, protests, 1,030 Turkish liras.
- a) Preparation of lease agreement and similar 1,350 Turkish lira.
- b) Preparation of statutes, regulations, inheritance contracts, wills, foundation deed and similar documents 4.100 Turkish liras.
- c) Preparation of articles of incorporation, merger and acquisition of companies and similar commercial works, 2,065 Turkish lira.
2.For legal assistance in business follow-up:
* 1.030.00 Turkish lira for the follow-up of works such as documenting a situation, collecting the money at the payment stage or issuing a copy of a document.
* 1,700.00 Turkish lira for works carried out for purposes such as the birth, determination, registration, transfer, modification, termination or protection of a right.
*405.00 for each legal aid given to banks, financial institutions and the like, who work with permanent contracts due to transactions defined as the birth and termination of a right, including transactions such as mortgage establishment and release.
*7,615.00 Turkish lira for the approval of the articles of association of the legal entity merchants, obtaining the licenses and privileges related to the work of these merchants, their transfer and the acceptance of Turkish citizenship.
* 3.400.00 Turkish lira for the works followed in tax reconciliation commissions.
13,875.00 Turkish lira without a hearing.
If with hearing If with hearing 24,000,00 TL
- For legal aids whose subject is not money and cannot be evaluated with money:
*900.00 TL for the follow-ups in the Enforcement Offices
* 1.050,00 TL for the works followed in the Enforcement Courts
* 1.700.00 TL for lawsuits and hearings followed in Enforcement Courts
* 1.700.00 TL for enforcement proceedings regarding eviction
*1.530,00 TL for criminal works followed in Enforcement Courts
*1.550,00 TL for the works requested during the criminal investigation phase
*2.175,00 TL for cases followed in Magistrates Courts
*2.000.00 TL for the cases followed by the Criminal Judgeships of Peace and the Execution Judges
*5.00,00 TL for cases followed in Courts of First Instance
*2 550,00 TL for cases followed in Consumer Courts
*7 375.00 TL for cases followed in Intellectual and Industrial Rights Courts
*10.250,00 TL for cases followed in Heavy Penal Courts
*5,100,00 TL for cases followed in Juvenile Courts
*10.250,00 TL for cases followed in Juvenile Heavy Penal Courts
For cases followed in Administrative and Tax Courts:
* 2.550,00 TL without a hearing
* 3.890,00 TL if with trial
For the follow-up of the proceedings in the Regional Courts of Justice and the Regional Administrative Courts:
- a) 4.220,00 TL for cases heard in the first instance
- b) 2.550,00 TL for works that have a hearing through appeal
- c) 5.100.00 for works that require more than one hearing through appeal or procedures that require a lawyer to be present, such as discovery.
For account proceedings before the Court of Accounts
- a) If without a hearing 4.500.00 TL
- b) 7.425.00 TL if with trial
*7,425.00 for account trials before the Supreme Court
For account proceedings before the Council of State
- a) If without a hearing 4.500.00 TL
- b) 7.425.00 TL if with trial
*3.815,00 for the hearing of the matters heard by way of appeal in the Supreme Court, the Council of State and the Court of Accounts
*4,500,00 TL for cases in the Court of Disputes
For cases and works before the Constitutional Court:
- a) Cases heard as the Supreme Court 15,750,00 TL
- b) Individual application
- aa) If with a hearing 7.421.00 TL
- bb) If without a hearing 4.500.00 TL
- c) Other lawsuits and works 9.280,00 TL
- Enforcement attorney fees: 6,000,00 TL for the first 40,000,00 TL (15%)
*For the next 50.000.00 TL (13%) 6.500.00 TL
*For the next 90.000.00 TL (9.5%) 8.550.00 TL
*For the next 250.000.00 TL (7.0%) 17.500.00 TL
*31,000.00 TL for the next 620,000.00 TL (5%)
*27,125.00 TL for the next 775,000.00 TL (3.5%)
* 22.950.00 TL for the next 1.275.000.00 TL (1.8%)
*For the next 900,000.00 TL (1%) 9.000.00 TL
Provided that they are not in a lawsuit pending, for the works of precautionary attachment, interim injunction, determination of evidence, suspension of execution, determination of payment and place of deposit:
- a) If without a hearing 1.140,00
- b) If with a hearing, 1.405,00
* 1,875.00 for the elimination of the partnership, for the follow-up of the works to be done in the sales office
* 4.255.00 for dissolution of partnership and division cases
- For cases and works followed in Tax Courts:
- a) If without a hearing 2.840.00
- b) If with a hearing, 3.675,00
2.550,00 for cases of adaptation of loan installments or interest in Consumer Courts
Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office
Antalya Lawyer Ahmet Alkan Law Office was established in Antalya Kepez in 2015 by Lawyer Ahmet Alkan. Alkan Law Office does not compromise its clients’ sacred right to defense in all areas of law, especially family and divorce law.
Antalya Lawyer Alkan Law Office provides not only legal services but also mediation services. Just click here to get information from our expert staff about all your legal transactions.